Drill Team Tryout Information
Mandatory Tryout Meeting
Please check back for date & time information
Marcus High School Main Campus Cafeteria
It’s never too early to begin to prepare for being a member of one of the Marcus High School drill teams. Being a member of the Varsity team (the Marquettes), or the Junior Varsity team (the Silver Stars) is a huge privilege and a role that you will be honored to have if you are selected for the team, but it does take some preparation and discipline. Below are some fundamentals that candidates can expect in our tryout routines.
Tips for Preparing for Tryouts:
- Our tryout is very heavy on technique, both dance and kick. While studio experience is not a requirement, it will be very helpful to you in the audition.
- We look for very strong double and triple pirouettes, grande jetes, second leaps, calypsos and high kicks.
- The Marquettes and Silver Stars are also known for their engaging and entertaining performance quality. Practice your performance as much as you practice your technique.
MANDATORY Tryout Meeting:
- The tryout information meeting for the 2019-2020 Teams will take place on TBD
- The meeting will begin promptly at TBD in the Marcus High School Main Campus Cafeteria.
- All candidates who wish to tryout, MUST have a parent at this meeting.
MANDATORY Tryout Workshop:
- Mandatory tryout workshops will begin on April 22nd through the 25th, from 4:45 – 7:00 PM each day at Marcus High School.
- Actual tryouts will take place on Friday, April 26th, 2019 starting at 5:00 PM.
- The members who make the team will be announced on the evening of April 26th on our website.