Drill Team Tryout Information
Mandatory Tryout Meeting
February 13, 2018 at 6 PM
Marcus High School Main Campus Cafeteria
It’s never too early to begin to prepare for being a member of one of the Marcus High School drill teams. Being a member of the Varsity team (the Marquettes), or the Junior Varsity team (the Silver Stars) is a huge privilege and a role that you will be honored to have if you are selected for the team, but it does take some preparation and discipline. Below are some fundamentals that candidates can expect in our tryout routines.
Tips for Preparing for Tryouts:
- Our tryout is very heavy on technique, both dance and kick. While studio experience is not a requirement, it will be very helpful to you in the audition.
- We look for very strong double and triple pirouettes, grande jetes, second leaps, calypsos and high kicks.
- The Marquettes and Silver Stars are also known for their engaging and entertaining performance quality. Practice your performance as much as you practice your technique.
MANDATORY Tryout Meeting:
- The tryout information meeting for the 2017-2018 Teams will take place on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- The meeting will begin promptly at 6:00 PM in the Marcus High School Main Campus Cafeteria.
- All candidates who wish to tryout, MUST have a parent at this meeting.
MANDATORY Tryout Workshop:
- Mandatory tryout workshops will begin on April 23rd through the 26th, from 4:45 – 7:00 PM each day at Marcus High School.
- Actual tryouts will take place on Friday, April 27th, 2018 starting at 5:00 PM.
- The members who make the team will be announced on the evening of April 27th on our website.