Drill Team Tryout Information
Tryout Information Meeting
Be sure to watch the video below, download the slide show presentation on the Main Tryout Page, and fill out the Google form letting us know your interest in auditioning!
Planning to try out for Marquettes? Please fill out this form and let us know!
It’s never too early to begin to prepare for being a member of the Marcus High School Drill Team. Being a member of this Varsity team, the Marquettes, is a huge privilege and a role that you will be honored to have if you are selected for the team, but it does take some preparation and discipline. Below are some fundamentals that candidates can expect in our tryout routines.
Tips for Preparing for Tryouts:
- Our tryout is very heavy on technique, both dance and kick. While studio experience is not a requirement, it will be very helpful to you in the audition.
- We look for very strong double and triple pirouettes, grande jetes, second leaps, calypsos and high kicks.
- The Marquettes are also known for their engaging and entertaining performance quality. Practice your performance as much as you practice your technique.
MANDATORY Tryout Meeting:
- All candidates who wish to tryout MUST have a parent watch the video, download the presentation on the Tryout Page, complete the Google form letting us know your interest in auditioning.
MANDATORY Tryout Workshop:
- Auditions for the Marquettes will be held the week of April 19-22.
- See tryout video for details.
- The members who make the team will be announced shortly after auditions.